What is Umang App? : Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG), a Digital India initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) refers to the multiple government services being made accessible to you through UMANG mobile App, Website, SMS short code, and UMANG toll free IVR. UMANG App Can Be Download From Digital India Website web.umang.gov.in
UMANG intends to provide convenient accessibility of major services offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and other utility services from private organizations. It provides a unified approach where you can install one application to avail multiple government services on multiple channels like mobile application, web, IVR and SMS which can be accessed through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and desktops.
UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
UMANG intends to provide major services offered by Central and State Government departments, Local bodies and other utility services from private organizations. It provides a unified approach where citizens can install one application to avail multiple government services.
UMANG APP Download
UMANG service has been made available on multiple channels like mobile application, web, IVR and SMS which can be accessed through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and desktops. UMANG has been created with a thought to add convenience to your lifestyle. UMANG will revolutionize the way how an Indian citizen avails government services today, because it leverages the current accelerated internet and smartphone penetration in our country.
You should link your UMANG account with Aadhaar to avail full benefits of UMANG.
The Aadhaar linkage enables the system to automatically fetch profile information from the Aadhaar system. After the Aadhaar linkage, your profile details are imported from the Aadhaar data. In addition, whenever you provide profile details to any departments, you will get the option of auto-filling the Aadhaar details. This can also help you in easy e-KYC if departments are accepting Aadhaar details as an identity proof.
How to Register UMANG APP Using Mobile Number
This registration option enables users to register on UMANG using their mobile number and MPIN.
To register using mobile number:
1. Launch the UMANG app.
2. Click New User. The Select Registration Mode screen appears.
3. Select the Mobile Number option. The Registration screen appears.
4. Enter the mobile number and click the proceed icon to continue. The Mobile Number Verification screen appears.
5. Enter the OTP received on the mobile number. If the entered OTP is correct, the Set MPIN screen appears.
6. In Enter your MPIN, enter the MPIN to be set.
7. In Confirm MPIN, enter the same MPIN for confirmation.
8. Click the proceed icon to continue. The Security Question screen appears to enable users to recover their account in case they forget their MPIN.
9. Users will be asked to choose two questions and provide answers to these questions at the time of registration.
10. Click the Proceed icon to continue. The Aadhaar Integration screen appears to enable users to link their Aadhaar ID with their UMANG profile.
11. Enter the Aadhaar number to login to the app using Aadhaar number and to use it for eKYC or click SKIP to add the Aadhaar information later in the app. When users click the SKIP option, the Profile Information screen appears.
12. Click the proceed icon to complete the Aadhaar integration. The Mobile Number Verification screen appears.
13. Enter the OTP received on the Aadhaar registered mobile number. If the entered OTP is correct, the Profile Information screen appears. If the user has completed Aadhaar Integration, the Aadhaar profile information is copied to the UMANG profile; otherwise, users have to enter their profile information manually.Enter the profile information and click SAVE & PROCEED or click SKIP to add the profile details later. The UMANG registration process completes and the UMANG Home screen appears.
How to Register UMANG APP Using Aadhaar Number
This registration option enables users to register using their Aadhaar number and OTP.
To register using Aadhaar number:
1 Launch the UMANG app.
2 Click New User. The Select Registration Mode screen appears.
3 Click Aadhaar Number. The registration screen appears.
4 Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
5 Select the “I, the holder of Aadhaar, hereby give my consent to MeitY to use my Aadhaar number, OTP/biometric for e-KYC with UIDAI for the purpose of availing services through UMANG. I have understood that, my biometrics/OTP is encrypted and will not be stored and will be submitted to UIDAI only for the purpose of this transaction.” check box.
6 Users can verify Aadhaar details using OTP or Biometric device.
To verify Aadhaar using OTP:
1 Click the Verify using OTP option to continue. The Mobile Number Verification screen appears and the 6-digit OTP is sent to the Aadhaar registered mobile number.
2 Enter the OTP received on the mobile number. If the entered OTP is correct, the Set MPIN screen appears.
3 In Enter your MPIN, enter the MPIN to be set.
4 In Confirm MPIN, enter the same MPIN for confirmation.
5 Click the proceed icon to continue. The Security Question screen appears to enable users to recover their account in case they forget their MPIN.
6 Users will be asked to choose two questions and provide answers to these questions at the time of registration.
7 Click the proceed icon to continue. The Profile Information screen appears and the Aadhaar profile details are displayed on the screen.
8 Enter other details and click SAVE & PROCEED or click SKIP to add details later. The UMANG registration process completes and the UMANG Homescreen appears.
How many services will be provided by UMANG?
UMANG will provide major government services. The on-boarding of different citizen-centric government services on UMANG is envisaged to be a continuous process that will result in increasing the number of such services on UMANG with the passage of time. UMANG is targeted to provide 200 applications with approximately 1200 services by December 2019. The services will be from various government departments of Centre, States, Local bodies and some private utility services.
The following table lists the departments and services available in UMANG.
services provided my umang app online
|Department/ Tile name||Label information||Services|
|AICTE||All India Council for Technical Education||Approved Institutions|
|Aadhaar Card||Unique Identification Authority of India||View Aadhaar Card|
|Bharat Gas||Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited||Refill Order|
|CBSE||Central Board of Secondary Education||View 10th/12th Results|
|View CTET Results|
|View NET Results|
|View JEE Results|
|Crop Insurance||Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare||Sum Insured|
|DMI||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Government of India||View Market Price|
|Digisevak||Digital India Volunteer Management System||Register|
|Task Progress Update|
|eMigrate||Ministry of External Affairs Overseas Employment Division||Track Application Status|
|Verify EC Status|
|HP Gas||Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited||Refill Order (Cash/Online)|
|Opt Out Subsidy|
|Indane Gas||Indian Oil Corporation Limited||Refill Order|
|Prefer Time Delivery|
|Opt Out Subsidy|
|Bank Account Seeding|
|Distributor Contact Information|
|Jeevan Pramaan||Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners||Generate Life Certificate|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan||Admission Status|
|NPS||National Pension System||Current Holdings|
|Email Transaction Statement|
|Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas||Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas||Subscription Voucher|
|ORS||Online Registration System||Book Appointment|
|My Lab Reports|
|PMAY- HFA (Urban)||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Housing for All (Urban)||Statistics|
|Parivahan Sewa- Sarathi||Ministry of Road Transport & Highways||View Driving License|
|Parivahan Sewa- Vahan||Ministry of Road Transport & Highways||View Registration Certificate|
|PMKVY- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana||Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana||Add Candidate|
|View Registered Candidate|
|Soil Health Card||Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare||View Soil Health Card-By Mobile Number|
|View Soil Health Card-By Location|
|ePathshala||National Council of Educational Research and Training||e-Books|
How do I delete my UMANG account?
Deleting account option can be found under Settings > Account Settings > Delete My UMANG Account. In contrast to ‘Blocking Your UMANG Account,’ this will delete all your personal settings, UMANG account details, cache and your Aadhaar and Social profiles will also be de-linked. You will no longer be allowed to login to this account. You will need to create a new UMANG account in order to access UMANG.
Official Website : web.umang.gov.in | www.umang.gov.in
- 1 UMANG APP Download
- 1.1 Why should I link my UMANG account with my Aadhaar Card?
- 1.2 How to Register UMANG APP Using Mobile Number
- 1.3 How to Register UMANG APP Using Aadhaar Number
- 1.4 How many services will be provided by UMANG?
- 1.5 Related