how to correct name in aadhar card? : Aadhaar card is one of the most important identification proofs that are followed in the present years by the Government of India. With validating your bio-data and identity with one single card like Aadhaar card, the process has become simpler. What makes the process too easy is the fact that we can access all the activities online, at any given period of time. This identity proof has successfully bid goodbye to the long queues outside government offices.
At times, it is often necessary to edit any mistakes that you may have made in your course of making your Aadhaar card. Through the official Aadhaar card site, now you can update or do Aadhaar card Correction Form by updating or altering the name, contact details, date of birth, provided on the card, by following few simple steps.
Making Aadhar Card correction of our bio-data gets easier with the online process as you don’t need to run in the offices again and again wasting your time and energy. You can now easily correct your Aadhaar Card name, address, mobile number, date of birth by going through few steps that I will be providing in this post below. So, read this post ahead to know more about the correction of the bio data of Aadhaar Card.
How to Correct Address in Aadhar Card
What is Aadhar card?
Aadhaar card is an identification card which was introduced by the Indian government under the Unique Identification Authority of India, which is a government organization, established in 2009 that collects data from based on biometric and demographic identity.
How influential is this rather new Identification system?
Though Aadhaar card has been introduced in the recent past, the effect of it has a far reach across the whole country. The recent statistics show that about 11.171 billion people have created their unique identity by enlisting for this identification system. All the states have responded very swiftly to the advent of Aadhaar which has led to its huge success.
Aadhar Card Correction in Simple Steps
When you need to change your details provided on your Aadhaar card or wish to update under unavoidable circumstances, there are many simple ways in which you can edit your bio-data. The procedures are not very complicated, once you’re aware of it, you can simply solve issues that you might be having with your Aadhaar card.
Here we are about to provide you Aadhaar card correction solutions with the help of which you can edit, change and update your Aadhaar card as long as you have official documentation that will be able to support the changes you are making.
- First, it is important to remember that when you’re opting to change your name on your Aadhaar card, you must have an Identity proof that will support the changes you are making. These documents are required to be uploaded to the website when you are looking to replace the already registered name with another new name. Thus, it is vital to have a supporting identity proof to state your reason forAadhaar card correction.
- Address change is not regarded as a very important alteration to your Aadhaar card unlike changing a person’s name. But in case you are shifting cities or moving to urbanized sectors for the availability of finer facilities, changing your address on Aadhaar card becomes important. Under these circumstances, you are required to provide your registered address along with the new address to justify your Aadhaar card correction.
- Changing date of birth is the most common practice in updating or altering Aadhaar card. This may be due to various reasons such as making one eligible to apply for job prospects and also for getting into new academic courses and more. Under such circumstances, it is important to attach and upload a copy of your original birth certificate during this alteration. The whole process can be executed online.
Steps to Change Name, Address, Mobile Number, Date of Birth through Online
For going for the process of updating and correcting your name, address, mobile number, date of birth, you first need to go to this link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
Before going with the procedures of online Aadhaar correction, you need to first have registered mobile number and then proceed. You have to follow the procedures as I mentioned step by step in the following for the correction and update of the info of your Aadhaar Card.
- First of all when you visit the page you will be asked your Aadhaar number which consist 12 digits.
- In the following column you will find the verification notification.
- You can now easily click on “SEND OTP” button.
- Now, 6 digit OTP will be delivered on your mobile and you can fill the password and go on.
- You have to choose the address change field and choose the language you prefer.
- Finally you have to upload the document of which you want to make necessary changes.
Documents Required for Adhar Correction
Here is a list of various documents that are required to support your Aadhaar card changes. Make sure you have these documents and that they are UIDAI approved to be used under these circumstances.
Aadhaar card requires Proof of Identity (POI) documents for carrying forward various corrections. These documents must be presented at the time of proceeding with your Aadhaar card corrections.
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Name Correction
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Ration card
- PDS Photo card
- Government ID card
- Arms License
- NREGS Job Card
- Photobank ATM card
- Photo credit card
- Photo ID card which has been by a recognizable educational institute
- Pensioner photo ID card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- Identity certificate provided by a Gazetted Officer/ Tehsildar on a proper letterhead
- Identity proof which has been issued by Department of Posts
- Disability ID card
- Gazette notification, etc.
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Date of Birth Correction
- Certificate of Birth
- SSLC Certificate
- Birth certificate which has been issued by a gazetted officer on an official letterhead
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Address Correction
- Voter ID card
- Ration card
- Bank passbook
- Electricity bill (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance policy
- Property tax receipt
- Water bill
- Telephone connection bill (not older than 3 months)
- ID Card issued by PSU
- Insurance policy
- Arms license
- Kissan passbook
- Pensioner card
- NREGS job card
- CGHS/ECHS card
- Income tax assessment order letter
- Vehicle registration certificate
- 1 How to Correct Address in Aadhar Card
- 1.1 Aadhar Card Correction in Simple Steps
- 1.2 Steps to Change Name, Address, Mobile Number, Date of Birth through Online
- 1.3 Documents Required for Adhar Correction
- 1.4 Related